Title of Position: Refrigeration Technician
Hourly Pay Rate: $18 – $20
Posting Date: March 30, 2016
Performs installation, maintenance and repair of refrigeration systems. Must be familiar with both commercial and marine systems. Installs new units or replacement parts for existing units according to Federal, Local and State Codes and OEM guidelines. Must be customer oriented with responsibility for Safety, Quality, Schedule and Cost of assigned projects.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Capability to repair a variety marine and commercial refrigeration units such as walk and reach in coolers,refrigerators, water coolers, freezers, ice machines, and other equipment of comparable complexity.
· Mounts compressor and condenser units following blue prints or engineering specifications
· Fabricates and installs trim work using portable metal working tools and welding equipment
· Cuts and bends tubing using cutting and bending equipment. Joins tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings or unions and solder joints.
· Connects motors, compressors, temperature controls and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and connects to power sources.
· Installation & Repair of galley and laundry equipment including ovens, mixers, fryers, griddles, dishwashers, washers and dryers.
· Accurately write condition found reports and service orders detailing results of inspections, tests, noted discrepancies and repair recommendations.
· Provide supervision, leadership and guidance to junior personnel assigned. Ability to work with little supervision when required.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· High School or GED graduate required.
· Universal EPA Certification
· Minimum Five (5) years experience.
· Completion of an apprentice program or military equivalent.
· Valid Drivers License with clean driving record.
· Pass background screening to qualify for TWIC& Rapid Gate badge access.
· Proficient in MS Office Suite programs.
· OHSA 10 Hour Maritime Safety Training
· Must pass pre-employment drug screen
· US Navy Shipboard Experience desired.
More information go to wwww.jaxportjobs.com